164 overheating/cooling system

My 164 LS recently had a close to overheating experience when the cooling
fan suddenly stopped working.  Luckily, I was almost home so was able to
notice the problem.  In my case all relays, fuses, etc. checked out and the
fan was getting juice.  What had happened my mechanic later diagnosed was
that the contacts on the plug to the fan motor had overheated from some sort
of arcing so that the contacts had burned and no later flowed current.  The
mechanic put on a used plug from another car and the problem was solved.
Just another potential issue to keep in mind.