GTV6 cooling solved (GTV6 cooling enigma follow up)

First, let me thank everyone for their suggestions. A friend of mine
ultimately solved my problem this Saturday. It did turn out to be the IAP fans,
although not with their functionality. They were mounted correctly, but it turns out
that the preinstalled electrical connectors had the polarity reversed. The
connectors can only be plugged in one way so I didn't suspect that they might be
wired "backwards" from the vendor. This merely teaches me (again!) that one
must not rule out anything when troubleshooting a problem. A simple test to
actually check fan flow direction (instead of trusting the hot air on one's hand)
is to use a piece of paper. Simply stick it down near the fans when they're
on, and it should be pushed away from it. If it's sucked towards it, then you
have a problem. So if anyone else wants to use the IAP OEM style fans for the
GTV6, they have my functional approval, although I didn't care for the mounting
setup (reuse the stock housings if you are able to). Just make sure to
actually test the airflow direction. It is a relatively simple procedure to use a
small flat blade screwdriver to remove the electrical connectors from the
plastic housing and reverse them if the flow is incorrect. Make certain to push the
metal tang back out on the connectors with the screwdriver so that they will
stay put when you reinstall them back into the plastic housing. Although it
seems obvious now, I didn't think about the simple paper flow test. Hopefully my
embarassment will save someone else some grief down the road. Thanks again to
all those who responded with suggestions.

-Josh (feeling sheepish)
'84 GTV6 (cool again!)
'71 1750 Berlina (bad slave cylinder)
'72 2000 Berlina (new starter solenoid)