GTV6 cooling system enigma...

Josh-

I second George Graves' litany of cooling system problems; the most
nefarious for me was a series of pin-hole leaks in the plastic overflow
bottle that would ever-so slowly reduce the coolant volume. Sadly, the two
successive (new) replacements also leaked, and I cured this by having a
lovely aluminum tank fabricated ($$$).

When the fan switch failed the engine overheated dramatically, which I fixed
on the fly by grounding the lead to the fans directly, and running them
constantly until I got home. I still have an extra ground wire than can
bypass the switch if needed.

When I replaced the fans I still encountered overheating, and only at speed;
I had inadvertently reversed (duh!) the polarity (they would, however, cool
quite nicely when standing still!).

I sincerely believe that once you've resolved this, the system will work
well and be reliable.

Cheers!

Jim Barrett
Huntington Beach, CA USA