Unless your block has occluded water passages caused by corrosion, there is really nothing else than can cause this.

George Graves
'86 GTV-6 3.0S

On Friday, Jul 18, 2003, at 10:14 US/Pacific, alfa-digest wrote:

Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 11:08:53 -0400
From: Alcon98340@domain.elided
Subject: GTV6 cooling system enigma...

I have been fighting with my cooling system on my '84 GTV6 ever since the passenger side cooling fan melted. I have replaced the reservoir cap (13psi), both cooling fans, had the radiator rodded out and the coolant changed, and had a new thermostat installed. It is better than it was (had Mount Vesuvius out of the overflow tank once), but still tends to run warm in slow speed situations (stuck in traffic, etc). I never used to have this problem. The fans seem to kick on at the right temperature, and they are installed the correct way. Is there anything else I can try? The fans are OEM style replacements from IAP, not used stock ones. Could they be the culprit? Anyone else have experience with the IAP fans? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am running out of ideas and money to spend on this particular problem. Thank you much for your time.

- -Josh
Proud member of AEP: Alfa Exchange Program! (WA and CA ;-) )
Road trip story forthcoming.
'84 GTV6
'71 Berlina 1750
'72 Berlina 2000