RE: GTV6 cooling system enigma...

Well, I have one of IAPs fans in my GTV6, and unless they were wired up with
reverse polarity, I don't see how that can be your problem. The fans are an
exact replacement, (at least mine was). I simply swapped the housing that
came with the fan for the original, and you can't tell the difference. Make
sure the fans are pulling air through the radiator.

As for other options, have you flushed the system thoroughly, and replaced
or checked all the bypass hoses, and things like the brass y fitting?
Typically if it still runs hot and everything else is ok, I'd suspect the
radiator. I know you said it was rodded, but I've had good and bad
experiences with radiator shops. Another option is wiring in a manual switch
for the fans to see if kicking them on at a lower temp helps. Oh and don't
take the instrument gauge as gospel, perhaps it's reading hotter than
reality?

HTH,
Graham
85 GTV6