Re: Rustproofing Caveat

--- Karl D <karld@domain.elided> wrote:
> The spraying of rustproofing is a good idea, but
> ABSOLUTELY use an appropriately-rated respirator
> when doing so. To keep the story short, I know of
> someone who coated their lungs with POR-15 in their
> "well-ventilated garage" and appears to have done
> permanent damage. (Wasn't me!)
>
> Karl

  Yes sir,   That is an ABSOLUTE MUST!!!

     I can attest to the "coating of the lungs
syndrome".  I wasn't using a mask, but was in a large
shop that had some air moving.  Regardless, I could
feel my lung being coated with that stuff.  It hurt
for a few hours, (shortness of breath etc.,) then I
remember vividly it taking about a week to "wear off".
    It is NOT  like just spraying good ol' Krylon.

   I'll never do that again.  Fortunately no permanent
damage.               Have a great day,
                         Mark Mucciacciaro