Aussie 1750 GTV ('68) - new to list

Having experienced the enormous benefits of Mercedes mailing lists over
the past year, I was very pleased to find this Alfa one. I am a biologist
living in Adelaide, South Australia and have a diverse collection of
vehicles from a 1924 Amilcar to a 1983 Mike Hailwood Replica 900 Ducati
and of course a 1968 1750 GTV. I could chat about 'my fleet' for ever so
I will keep Alfa focussed, but I often say that if I was sent to a
desert island and could only take one vehicle, it would have to be the
Alfa. And being Alfa people, I dont even need to explain that statement
!

I have had my car for over 10 years. Quite early on I burnt an exhaust
valve which ended in a motor and gearbox rebuild and fitting of a LSD.
Apart from the occasional glitch it has been trouble free since then.

I have a few questions that some of you may be able to help with.

  1 My Chassis No is 1450059. What number was the first of the 1750 GTV?

  2 My tail lights have chromed plastic rims. Is this right since someone
    suggested they were Series 2 1750?

  3 If wrong will Series 1lights fit in the same holes (or has this car
    had a shunt or something and inherited a series 2 rear panel?

  4 Lastly can anyone suggest good internet sites for checking out Alfa
    parts?

Also I registered with

alfa@digest and alfa-digest@digest and messages seem to come through
addressed to either of these. Most are on the digest digest one but can
anyone explain this in simple terms?

Craig Baulderstone

Adelaide, Aust.

'68 1750 GTV