passing on the right (v.l. Alfa content)

I used to have a windshield sunshade strip on my first GTV-6 (obligatory
Alfa content) that said SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT in mirror image script so
that when you hauled up behind someone, they could read it in their
rearview mirror.  It actually worked fairly well, people would usually move
over, but you had to get pretty close for the driver in front to be able to
read it.  I got it from a little article in Road & Track "Miscellaneous
Ramblings," but the company is no longer in business.

What worked better was my retired Illinois HP Dodge Diplomat
("Bluesmobile") with the ball-mount CB antenna on the rear fender and
scanner antenna on the driprail.  People would see that profile in their
rearview mirrors and immediately move as far over as they could get.  Just
get in the left lane and go 80 and watch everyone clear out of the way.
P***ed a lot of 'em off when they figured out I wasn't a cop though.

Charles Koster
San Gabriel, CA
1986 GTV-6 3.0S (mine)
1991 164S (hers)