RE: Exhaust bracket for Spider

Simon,

I'm not sure if this is the same problem that your are having but I just
noticed a broken hanger/bracket in roughly the same spot on my '86 as I
was looking for the source of a rattle.

I think my rattle is actually the heat shield as it only seems to be
held in with three screws and there is a corner that can flap around
quite a bit.

Anyway, I to would like to know if it is possible to fix this bracket, I
can't tell if it is part of the cat or just attaches to it, here are a
couple snapshots of it:

http://home.comcast.net/~l.redden/Broken-Cat-Hanger.html

Anyone dealt with something similar?

Thanks,