Alfa Museo and Driving in Italia

I, too, was fortunate enough to spend two weeks in Italia in May.  One
thing is for sure: I can't wait to go back.  The Museo Alfa Romeo is not
that easy to find.  There aren't any signs telling you where to go.  I
would recommend having the directions from the Alfa website, which I
forgot to bring.  I ended up going to the main gate and asking the
guard.  The Museo was nothing short of spectacular- much bigger than I
expected and the brochure/catalog is more than worth the price of
admission (free, although I would have gladly paid the 10Euro that it
cost to get into the Galleria Ferrari, which was a slight disappointment).
    I also rented a 156 with 1.9JTD.  I had requested a gas engine, but
the diesel turned out to be more than adequate for the task and the
range was much appreciated; not to mention the lower cost at fill-up!
 Nice handling car, of course, it made my Eclipse feel like an
understeering slug when I got home!
    One last thing to mention about driving in Italy (which I wish I had
more time to write about! Maybe later!).  If you must drive in the
cities, make sure you have a navigator!  I found it next to impossible
to drive and navigate at the same time and spent more time than I care
to mention being lost with no place to stop and look at the map!
 Drivers in Italy are very aggressive- I should say people in Italy
drive con brio- but are very skillful and are paying attention!   You
must pay attention as well!  I really enjoyed it as long as I didn't
have to navigate.  It's kind of like bumper cars without the contact.  I
must say I was very impressed with the overall skill of  the drivers in
Italy.

Mark Tamas
Eugene, OR
79 116 GT (soon to be two)