Dean
Lutz, FL
'74 & '87 Spider Veloce's

At 09:42 PM 7/2/2003, you wrote:

Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 12:36:18 -0400
From: "Andrew Schwartz" <andrew_s_swartz@domain.elided>
Subject: Anyone fitted H.I.D. headlights to a 60s Alfa?

I am sick of the headlights on my '67 Duetto (US spec).  They barely
illuminate in front of me and I'm often not even sure if I've got them
turned on.

I would like to improve my lighting without stressing the electrical system
of the Alfa.  And H.I.D. headlights came up as a thought.  They are very
expensive (~$500), but appear to be dramatically brighter and actually use
less power (~35W).

I would like to combine this with remounting the lights from the inside and
fitting the Carello covers.  Has anyone installed H.I.D. lights.  Any
'gotchas' I should be aware of?

Thanks,
Andrew
1967 Duetto Spider