Re: 2.5L to 2.8L v-6 conversion

Hi Jason,

Way back, the late Fred D. successfully converted his 2.5 to a 2.8. I
believe his first attempt was unsuccessful due to improper machining of
the block to accept the 3.0 liners. So it is not an easy thing to do if
the machinist doesn't do the job properly.

If I had a spare 2.5, I would just mill the heads a little, add JE 11:1
pistons, and colombo 10.4mm cams with uprated fuel management. The 2.8
thing sounds too risky.

Regards,

Zamani