Sorry I missed your original post, because my '74 Spider has done the exact same thing, and like yours, it was fuse #6. There is an alternative to the original plastic or ceramic fuses, that will work much better. Buss makes fuses that have a glass envelope with stainless steel end caps, and they're available at NAPA stores. The style name is "GBC", with part numbers of 782-1080 (8-amp) and 780-1082 (16-amp).

Regards,

Dean

At 01:32 AM 6/27/2003, you wrote:

Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 10:54:25 -0400
From: "Mark Kunkel" <mkunkel@domain.elided>
Subject: Gremlin follow-up

A quick follow-up on the question I posed earlier this week regarding
sudden-onset backfiring and instrument anomalies following an otherwise
stellar tune-up on my 74 Spider.  MANY thanks to all who responded so
helpfully.

As I was preparing to check and clean all the grounds it occurred to me that
I should first take the counsel of one digest member and check fuses...got
out the trust multimeter and it turns out that #6 was shot...replaced it and
all is well.  No more strange gas and oil pressure meter behavior, no more
dimly glowing generator light, no more backfiring.  Of course, still need to
find out why it blew, I guess....but all is well temporarily.

Thanks again,

Mark Kunkel
Carrollton, GA