Lower A-arm bushings / Koni's

Thanks to those who offered tips on replacing lower a-arm bushings.  I just completed the job this afternoon.  Along with new lower ball joints, there is a very noticeable difference.  While everything was apart, I noticed that one of the "pins" around which the bushing turns was somewhat scored.  I found a replacement, but it was in worse shape.  So I went with the old one but swapped sides under the theory that the bushing works in a small arc which would be different side to side.  Does anyone have advice on keeping the new bushings in good shape?  A previous owner drilled mine for grease nipples, but from what I can tell, they only grease the outside of the bushing!  Should I put a nipple in the grease cups on the ends?

On another subject, I'd be interested in shock absorber settings.  I have the International Auto "street performance" springs in my car.  Right now I have the Koni reds set right in the middle of the range on the front, and full soft in the rear.  Anyone recommend something else?

Thanks
Erik Wood