albany ny aroc chapter update

the proposed revivial of the albany ny aroc chapter is making some
progress.

we have scheduled a picnic (which will occur whether we are a real chapter
or not) for August 16, 2003, at the Bard "Estate", our traditional site,
which is just off the junction of NY 199 and the Taconic Parkway. all alfa
owners are welcome to attend.

we will hold a second organizational meeting on July 9th, as we creep
towards 10 members of National (we're at about 8 right now) and a set of
Bylaws.

whether we'll get to remain AROC-NY or not is undetermined; if i had to
speculate, i'd say we'll know a great deal more after the BoD meeting at
the national convention next month (which sadly i will not be attending --
the  convention, i mean. under normal circumstances i would gladly miss the
BoD meeting.)

for further details, check out http://www.aroc-ny.org/, which for the
moment is our web site, although it will likely end up the web site of
whoever gets to be AROC-NY.

cheers,
  richard