Re: Tranny Fluid

I used Redline 75/90 NS in my 75/Milano. The syncro action was terrible,
though the shifting was good. I drained it and there was allot of swarf in the
oil.

I replaced it with a cheaper semi synth, and the syncro is much better, but
the shift a little slower.

I think Redline it's just too slippery,

The info re 75/90 or 75/90NS is very confusing and contradictory. I guess your
reading the Redline website. The product recommended by Demo Tweaks (UK) was
75/90NS so that's what I bought.

Here is my reply from Redlin Tech.

Redline said :-

 would recommend the 75W90NS, if you experienced chatter from the
limited slip then a slight amount of friction modifier could be
added, though too much will reduce shiftability and synchro action.
Do you notice any chatter?

The 75W90 would likely be too slippery for the synchros.
The MT-90 is a GL-4, a GL-5 being called for so wouldn't be recommended.

Regards, Dave
Red Line Oil

Regards,

Graeme Roberts