Wiper valance and stainless trim

Randy Long asks: "Help requested from the alfisti! Am I correct in
assuming that the wiper
And furthermore, does the bottom stainless windshield trim also push
into those same clips? I feel sure that is the way it came off, but it
doesnt want to easily go back. Any help?

******

The two short fingers on each clip are on top, the longer one is on the
bottom. Both the stainless trim and what I refer to as the rear edge of
the air inlet cowling fit in between the large and small clip.

The only thing which holds the clips in place is the windshield /
windshield gasket. Logically and generally the only time these clips are
removed  is when a new windshield and gasket are installed. Fresh paint,
old paint, the clips (hopefully which have been buffed and zinc plated)
are placed under the gasket as the new windshield is slid into place.

I suppose someone could heat up a large screwdriver and burrow out a
slot after the windshield is in place and jam each clip in, but do kiss
any paint beneath goodbye.

To get the stainless to clip on is generally not much of a problem. To
get the cowling on, let alone to fit up nice and snug to the stainless
requires a skilled restoration shop. Okay, just seeing if you were still
awake. It does often require bending the clips upward (which then love
to break) and scratching up your freshly painted cowling to get it all
together - no matter how skilled a restorer you are.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA