re: V6 stalling

My first thought would be a dirty connection on the coolant temperature sensor on the front of the thermostat housing.

But you say that the tach drops to its "zero" value. The car is still in gear and moving, right? This would indicate an ignition problem since the ignition system "drives" the electronic tach. However, the ignition system is where you Milano differs from my '82 GTV-6, so all I can suggest is that you inspect and clean all the connections on the coil and the ignition module, and the hall sensor on the distributor.

-Joe