Cut stock springs

    Cutting the springs is a procedure listed in my copies of the "CRH".
Not rocket science but does in fact increase the rate somewhat. I would
guess 10 to maybe 30%???
    I had several sets of springs to try on Mortimer. I started with
shankle "street springs" - the stiffest and tallest of all......a bit
much for a daily driver. I was so happy with the cut springs I'd used on
Joe's car the I did it to another set. The other springs were painted
yellow (came with the car) and lowered the car significantly more that
the others, so i didn't chose them. They seemed close to the same rate,
and so I may go back to them as I haven't gotten it "just right" and
need to drop the front another 1/2". ( I'll put the rubber spacers back
in).
    Another popular method is to use spacers over the spring bucket and
to some degree this would be useful with your stock springs I'd be leery
of lowering too far with too soft a spring.
    Whatever method you chose you should optimize the geometry of the
lower arm by making it horizontal.
    Something I noticed on Mortimer the other day...... washers between
the A-arm pivots and the chassis.
    I've seen this once before and am curious about its effects?

--
Norm Riffle
Its-A-Grind.com