Lower A-arm & Hydraulic Press

I'm replacing the lower a-arm bushings on my '74 GTV (as soon as they
arrive).  Is there any way to get the "cups" off the outside of the
bushings without destroying them.  I assume they are press fit, but
they don't want to budge!

I've just been there.. they are a press fit, and sometimes they need some serious encouragement.

Mine really didn't want to come off, what seemed to work was first rotating them with a large pair of channel-loc type pliers, (loosened things up) then grabbing them endwise across the dome, and rocking back and forth. Do this for a while at one angle, than at 90 deg across or so, and just work back and forth. Eventually you should get some movement, and off they'll come.

You might have to chew them up a bit. I managed to not do that much damage. I believe that the usual suppliers have them in stock, in case you really end up mangling them.. Uh, check first!

Jon
77 Spider