re: Lower A-arm & Hydraulic Press

Erik,
	When I R&R'd my first lower A-arm bushings, I ruined one of the bushing
caps trying to remove it.  My local Alfa mech. said that he uses a small
brass punch to get it off.  Angle the punch at a slight angle to cap and
place the end of punch at the top of the cap and give it a
light-to-medium hit.  Work your way around the cap until it starts to
loosen at the base.  Sometimes you'll put a small dent in the cap which
is ok; just don't puncture the cap.  One thing you don't want to do is
deform the cap otherwise it'll never fit back on the A-arm correctly
(meaning waterproof).  They could have at least put a small lip on the
cap for easier removal....or were they never to be removed???

	I've looked at building my own hydraulic press and it seems that for
the amount of times I'd use it, it is cheaper for me to buy from HF&S.
I just don't have lots of scrap metal around the house.  Some plans call
for drilling some mighty big holes in some awfully thick steel beams.

	Bruce

	'73 GTV
	'86 Spider