Dean
Lutz, FL
'74 & '87 Spider Veloce's

At 08:46 AM 5/31/2003, you wrote:

Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 01:47:47 EDT
From: TJCallahan@domain.elided
Subject: Coolant Bypass Hose Restrictor AWOL

I have found that the coolant bypass hose restrictor is missing from my 77
Alfetta GT (2L USA car - actually a 2L CA car). Queries to both local Alfa
dealers about obtaining a new one has resulted in my being laughed at. Once
maniacally.

This subject comes up regularly on the AD and the general consensus is "Yes,
it's important, don't lose your old one." but we never hear how to replace the
one that the PO (or the as-yet-unenlighted current owner) lost already.

Any ideas where to locate one in good useable condition? Got one laying
around in a parts pile somewhere that you'd be interested in parting with (no pun
intended)?

Reply off-digest, if desired.

TIA

Tom