RE: Coolant Bypass Hose Restrictor AWOL

There has been more than one method used to control the
coolant bypass.  One is the spring-loaded pressure relief
valve in the bypass hose, another is a double-acting thermostat
with a disk on the bottom.  It moves down to block the bypass
port when the thermostat is open.  Used on the Alfetta
and still available, it eliminates the need for the in-hose
restrictor.  The Master Parts P/N is 31278 - 180 degree,
P/N 31279 - 195 degree.

In a pinch, block of the bypass hose completely.  You'll notice
that the Giulietta and Giulia engines didn't have any provision
for a bypass . . . with no ill effects.  The warm-up time may be
extended a little, but your engine will run cooler.

Regards,
Jim Steck