Re: replacement spare tire well

In a message dated 5/26/2003 8:11:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 20:05:29 -0400
> From: Joe Elliott <jee@domain.elided>
> Subject: replacement spare tire well?
>
> The rust in my GTV6's spare tire well has gotten so bad that I don't
> think I trust it to hold a tire anymore.  I know I've seen
> replacement wells on eBay for Spiders--does anyone have such a part
> for a GTV6?  Any digesters not too far from Cincinnati, Ohio have a
> parts car and want to sell me the whole trunk floor with tire well
> and bumper brackets?

Joe--use the spider replacement well. I had the same problem when re-doing my
GTV6 a couple years ago. When I measured the well in my spider vs the gtv6,
it was virtually identical, so I ordered one up (from Re-originals, I think)
and it fit fine, looks just like it belongs there.

Kevin Murphy
74 Spider
86 GTV6 3.0 (currently FS)