Re: Twin Spark conversion (to an Alfetta ?)

Richard,

I own a 75TS at present and have had a few GT and GTV 116 cars over the
years.  A 2L TS 116 coupe is a car I believe Alfa should have continued
alongside the 75 sedans.  OK, not much interest in the US but I believe
Australia, GB, and the rest of Europe would have snapped them up.  I can't
see any problems with dropping the TS into the 116 save for bonnet
clearance, and possibly rerouting/repositioning of the induction ducting and
airbox. If overhead clearance is a problem you may be able to drop the
engine on its mounts a tad, although this may shorten donut life.

Over here in Oz a few guys are using a modified Nissan 8 lead distributor to
replace the twin dizzy's on a TS.  Maybe an option if the front dizzy causes
clearance problems.

Note that the FWD 164TS engines have the extra distributor at the rear of
the head, but I believe its a simple matter to move it to the forward
position.

I personally like the early 116 coupe dash, especially if the tacho is in
the proper position ahead of the driver.  My coupes had infinitely more
accurate, more reliable, more readable, and better lit gauges than my 75 !
And I won't go into that ridiculous ARC experiment.

For a 105 conversion, note that quite a few TS engines have the pilot hole
already in the crank.  So if you can check the engines on offer, take one
with the pilot-holed crank if available(all else being equal).

Beatle
Oz
'89 75TS