Re: 164 Trunk Springs

Obie asks where the trunk lid springs attach to the hinges on his 91 164 S.
I put the springs on my 92 164 S. They attach to an eyelet that is an
integral part of the visible curved section of the hinge at the trunk lid
end, and to a piece of welded-on sheet steel with holes (there are three
holes on each side to allow for tension adjustment) at the other end.

I had a pair of 91 164 Ss that were different, however. One had neither the
welded-on strip with holes nor the eyelet in the hinge. The other had the
strip, but no place to hook the spring to the hinge.

Rich Lasner
1992 164 S
ARA
AROC