164 trunk springs

Can anyone point me towards a picture on the web or describe how and where the trunk springs on a 164 are supposed to attach? I have a 164S that originally used struts to support the trunk lid and I want to switch to the spring setup as used on L and B models. I have a set of the correct (S) springs and my car has the tabs that the rear end of the springs attach to, but I don't know how the springs should be oriented or where they are supposed to attach on the hinge. I have heard that S and L/B hinges are different. Do I need to weld a tab somewhere? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
-Obie
Tacoma, Wa.
'91 164S & others