electric fan in spider/Milano temp switch

In a message dated 5/21/2003 11:20:42 AM Central Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> The switch is set for 185F so I mounted it about 2" from the bottom of the
> upper tank on the radiator, directly under the outlet for the upper hose.

       The probe should go into the water in the radiator.  It sounds like
you mounted yours on the outside of the radiator.  Not sure we are both talking
about the same thing here.
       Plus the probe should be at the bottom of the radiator.  The hot water
coming into the radiator is not what you want to measure.  If the radiator is
doing its job, the water at the top should be hot.  The water at the bottom
should be cooler.  If the water at the bottom gets too hot, you need to help
the radiator work with the fan.  Thus you should be measuring the water
temperature at the outlet or bottom of the radiator.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City