From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided] On Behalf Of
Spiros Angelopoulos
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 8:06 PM
To: alfa-digest@domain.elided
Subject: My Spider is falling apart! Help!

Howdy all

I have been driving my '85 Graduate sporadically, since I am loaning it to a
friend every once in a while (you know... to get him hooked!), and have
recently noticed two things:

Brakes:  When I brake, if I keep my foot 1/2 way of the petal travel, it
slowly reaches the end of travel, with no more stopping power.  At that
moment, if I pump the brakes, they engage just fine.  Do I have a leak in
the
system?  Where do I begin?

Engine: Under load (i.e. going in the twisties on second or third gear), it
becomes gutless -- staying around 2.5K rpms.  However, accelerating from
rest,
it has no hesitation going to 5K rpms.  It cam also easily reach and sustain
90mph.  Where do I begin here?

Thanks in advance -- I am trying to be less of a checkbook mechanic...

Cheers,

Spiros

'85 Spider