Re: My Spider is falling apart! Help!

<snip>
Brakes:  When I brake, if I keep my foot 1/2 way of the pedal travel, it slowly reaches the end of travel, with no more stopping power.  At that moment, if I pump the brakes, they engage just fine.  Do I have a leak in the system?  Where do I begin?
</snip>

Spiros,
I'm almost 100% certain that your master cylinder is telling you it's time to be replaced. I recently dealt with a very similar condition in my GTV6(I have a new master cylinder now). I'm afraid I don't have any thoughts on your engine conundrum at this time. Good luck.

-Josh
'84 GTV6
'71 Berlina