re: Trailing arm bushings

>...I know of many GTV racers who will not run urethane trailing
>arm bushings.  They are quite happy with the stock rubber type

I'm surprised by this.  My '71 GTV vintage race car has metal bushings at both ends of the trailing arms.  They have sperical joints to allow a full range of movement, but no longitudinal compliance at all.

This isn't a setup that would be satisfactory on the street: at low speeds around the paddock, the metal joints are noisy and transmit every bump.  I'm not aware of any harshness on the track, however.

Dana Loomis
NC USA