Re: alfa-digest V9 #506

Sounds like Tropic Air to me. Because the standard GTV-6 air conditioner does NOT have the bulky box in the passenger footwell.

George Graves
'86 GTV-6 3.0S

On Monday, May 19, 2003, at 07:35 AM, alfa-digest wrote:

Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 06:04:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: Joe Garcia <lacorsanostra@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: GTV6 condenser...who, me? Tropic Air?

Well, this is weird. I have a 1984 Maratona with teh
stock a/c and:

1- The a/c blows VERY cold, from all relevant vents.
2- It has that "box" underneath the glovebox that
takes up the space ordinarily taken up by
under-the-glovebox-cubbyhole/shelf.

But wait...I have a 1984 car! I thought Tropic Air was
a late '85 & '86 thing. Can this be true?

Discuss.

- -Joe in SoFla
1984 GTV-6 "Maratona," ~19K mi.