Odd thing my GTV does

I had a similar problem with my wife's ex-74 GTV. Always thought it was from
something she had eaten - too much garlic for breakfast or too many Altoid
mints. I discovered that it emanated from the vinyl seat covers after I had
the two front seats re-upholstered. Could never find a cure for it other than
selling the car. A drastic remedy but one which saved me a lot of money in
Windex.
Graham Arlen