gtv exhaust

In an attempt to reduce the amount of exhaust fumes
coming into the cabin of my 73 gtv I am thinking of
replacing the rear exhaust pipe (fabricated by a
muffler shop) with one that extends a little further
out.  My current tailpipe clears the body by about 1
inch which doesn't seem to be enough to get the
exhaust gases out of the way.  I am looking for
recommendations on suppliers that carry exhaust pipes
that will fit properly.  Ideally, I don't want the
tailpipe to stick out more than it should....

Thanks a lot,
Vangelis
Mountain View, CA
83 Spider