re:Windshield Washer Motor diagnostic

Rob,
More likley the switch isn't delivering 12V to the pump. If, you have one
lead on ground and the other
on the positive side of the pump, the 12V supposedly coming from the switch
is still referenced to ground at the battery/chassis.
On the other hand if you are putting the leads directly across the pump it
could be either.
Measure the resistance from the negative lead to ground if thats ~ 0 ohms
you have a bad/dirty switch.
If it's not ~ 0 ohms.....you know the drill.

**