From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided] On Behalf Of Al
Jacobowitz
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2003 7:35 AM
To: alfa-digest@domain.elided
Subject: Temperature sensor - 86 Spider

The A/C condenser fan sensor on my 1986 Spider just hangs in the engine
compartment.  CarDisc says that the "condenser temperature sensor needs
to be on the air scoop".  Are they getting shroud and scoop confused.
There is what looks like a place on the shroud (passenger side) where it
might go, but it doesn't make sense.  How would the sensor sense hot air
on a plastic device facing away from the engine?  I'm thinking of gluing
the sensor to the top of the radiator.  Any thoughts our there in Alfa
land. AJ in NJ86 Graduate.