Windshield Washer Motor diagnostic

I want to see if you electrical engineers out there agree with my logic
here:

Windshield washer has never worked on this car (91 Spider) and now I've
decided to work on it.  Removed pump from washer bottle, tested on bench
with 12v battery and pump runs.

Multimeter shows only approximately a  0.2v increase from zero when switch
is activated.  Pump does not seem to want to run on .2 volts when hooked up
to connector.

I looked at the wiring diagram and it shows a pretty simple setup....wire
comes from column switch, goes to pump and then second wire goes from pump
to ground.  My guess is the ground is not good, therefore not allowing
current to flow?

So now if I can trace the ground and make it good things should clear?

Thanks guys & gals!
-Rob Bitzer