10:1 Pistons, 116 transaxle

Hello All,

I've been lurking for the last couple of weeks, I have a 75' alfetta
that I bought last year. I'm now finally in the process of making it
"California legal" I.e.: smog. The car was from Washington state, as
such it had been converted to Webbers, which I have now removed awaiting
my rebuilt spica that came out of a 79' sprint donor that I now also own
( bought for it's spica,air pump exhaust manifold etc). The engine is
now out of the car.  I've had the original head surfaced and the valves
done. ( it had Shankle cams in it, which I plan to use)  Prior to the
engine removal it had the usual 2nd gear problems ( hard to shift,
grinding).  The drive shaft came out with the engine. That being the
case, my questions are as follows:

1)       Is there a way for me to tell if the current pistons are stock
9:1 or 10:1
I know that the 9:1 are stock, but since the last guy installed the cams
I can only wonder if he went for the Hipo pistons as well?

2)       Can I pass smog w/10:1s???

3)        If the pistons are 10:1s should I just replace the Liner and
rings or should I just bite the bullet and buy 10:1's and new liners????

4)        I'm thinking that I should use the 79's flywheel, drive shaft
and clutch since it seems that early guibo's are hard to come by. Is
this a good Idea????

5)         With 2 trans between the 2 cars can I swap the syncro's from
4th & 5th in the 79 to 1st & 2nd  in the 75????

6)         I plan on having 2nd gear lightened, should I do 1st as well

 I really appreciate everyone's time and thoughts

In advance,
Thank You

Peter Chrimes
Pasadena, Ca.