RE:Last weekends Lime Rock track event

>>Could someone post some notes on how it went last weekend
LRP Alfa day notes 4/25-26:
Friday was gorgeous, Sunny and in the 60's. Pretty good turnout, although it seems like there are less and less Alfas as each year goes by. There were a few of early spider vintage racers, a couple of GTVs, a bunch of GTV6s, an Alfetta sedan, a TI---nothing really exotic. There were a handful of BMWs, Ferraris, Porsches (including an insanely fast race prepared 930 slant nose...that caught me offguard in no-name several times!)
Friday night about 20 or so of us headed to the Woodlands restaurant for the annual dinner and drink-fest. Lots of beer wine and other cocktails..one of the highlights of the event IMO.
We had a special salut to Fred :) as well
Saturday was looking grim weather-wise. In typical Lime Rock fashion the weather at the track was different than the rest of the state---we only had drizzle for the most part. Ran the rain line--no time trials. No incidents all weekend other than a few mechanical failures. Thankfully, left my GTV6 at the shop on the way home for some follow up work (just had a 3.0l installed) as the drive back to MA was harrowing to say the least. Mary and I had the Pathfinder, and several times aquaplaned through rivers on the road in the driving rain...wouldn't have been a fun drive back in the Kumho race tires!
All in all a fun weekend, but we have to get more Alfas there!!!!

-JT
Attleboro,MA
GTV6 3.0, Giulia Spider