'93 Spider Veloce vs. '71 Euro GTV?

OK, the possibility has cropped up again - trade my '93 Spider for a '71
GTV. I'm not sure if I should do it... I'm meeting the guy tomorrow and
we're going to check out each others' cars.

I have a couple of questions, and I'm looking for opinions in general
about a "modern" Spider with power windows/steering vs. a 1750 GTV with
twin webers. I like the Spider a lot and wasn't planning on getting rid
of it any time soon. But I think a GTV will hold its value better, has a
back seat (I understand it "kinda sorta" has a back seat, DOT-wise), and
regardless of the airbag in my Spider, should be a safer car than the
convertible.

Opinions?

What about cold-weather starting? Shouldn't be a huge issue since I
won't be driving this car in the winter (it's a third car - "toy" - for
weekend drives, change of pace commutes in nice weather, autocross a
couple of times a year, etc.).

Will I have trouble with this car? The Spider has demanded so little of
me in the four years I've owned it I'm scared I could really regret
this... but the 4-cylinder Alfas all seem so simple and inexpensive
compared to the three V6 cars I've owned (GTV-6, Milano, 164Q). I need a
car that won't give me trouble - I'm not afraid to maintain it, but the
car can't be "fiddly".

How safe are these cars? It's pretty old... but I would think it's at
least as safe as my Spider.

Is this a better autocross car than my Spider? I believe this car has a
stock suspension with Konis. My car is totally stock (with KYBs on the
way right now). I think the car is lighter and more rigid - should be a
little quicker and handle better, right?

I'm having trouble with this decision.

Further confusing things is the fact that I have the new MINI Cooper S,
which is a coupe - but then again, we just had our second baby born two
weeks ago. Having back seats seems like a plus right now.... :-\

Thanks

-Glenn

'93 Spider Veloce

'03 MINI Cooper S