re: Steering wheel removal.

Can't the column switches on the Milano be replaced without removing the steering wheel?

-Joe

At 12:20 PM +0000 5/2/03, alfa-digest wrote:

Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 20:16:16 EDT
From: Aibrucia@domain.elided
Subject: Steering wheel removal.
I'm trying to remove the steering wheel of my Milano/75 to change the
combination switch that went bad. The PO had installed a Momo Monte Carlo
Steering wheel. I have a generic steering wheel puller. I removed the hex
head screws holding the wheel on easily enough and now I am at the hub. The
hub has holes and is threaded for the aforementioned hex head screws which
are only 5 mm. I threaded longer screws thru the puller and then into 2 of
the holes. I've tightened the center bolt against the center stud of the
column as tight as I dared. The thing won't budge. Am I missing something? Any tricks to this? Do I remember something about
whacking the center bolt with a hammer or something? I don't want to distort
the hub any. Any suggestions appreciated!

Thanks!

Tony Brucia
Long Island, NY