Re: California SB 708

Leslie Wong wrote:
--------------------------
From what I can figure out from the 4/22/03 amendment, the part of the
bill's original intent to "delete the exemption from those requirements any
motor vehicle manufactured prior to the 1974 model-year that is driven less
than 12,000 miles per year and, commencing January 1, 2005, any motor
vehicle that is 45 or more model-years old" seems to have been removed.
---------------------------

Yes, I would concur with that assessment. This is turning into a very "evil"
bill that has become mostly about how to divy up the money that will be
collected through fines unless they determine that you are so poor that it's
a waste of there time trying to pump you for cash.

Don't waste your time writing to Flores, he's obviously a common liar
politician. Enlighten your local car club, pool your resources and figure
out how to put some real pressure on them - that being through the old
pocketbook because that's the only thing that will get their attention.

Paul Irvine - Antioch CA
Project Alfa