re: Importing older cars (pre-1968) - advice?

I brought a '58 Sprint down from Vancouver BC. Cars 25 years and older are
exempt from DOT and EPA issues. The duty for a used car is only 2.5%. I had to
pay more tax to WA state (8.8%). Driving across the border from Canada all I
had to do was declare, go inside where they looked up the VIN on a chart to
figure out the percent. I had both a bill of sale and Canadian title transfer
forms. I know WA was interested in the Canadain forms when I registered her. I
can't really remember but I think customs wanted to also see that paperwork.
Steve Schaeffer  borrani@domain.elided brought a GTA over from France and
could give you more insight having something shipped.

Emmo '58 Sprint eh?