Entire Alfa V6 addiction for sale or trade in Michigan, USA

Hello all,

Well, I tried this last October, but couldn't find anyone interested in buying everything I've got. Well, it's now spring and I hope that someone out there is looking for a new project or two (or three...). I REALLY need to sell this stuff, and I'd REALLY REALLY like to sell/trade it all to one person. The rest of this email is a (slightly edited) copy of the one I sent in October:

With a heavy heart, I am considering offering my entire collection of Alfa V6 cars, engines and parts for sale or trade. I live in mid Michigan (near Lansing) and I've amassed quite a collection of stuff. I've been trying (not hard enough, sadly) for several years to find the time and energy to put together a couple of cars. My situation has changed, however, so I've decided that it is time to pass everything I've got on to someone with more time and dedication. Here's a quick run down of the things I can think of off the top of my head that I've got:

- 1983 GTV6, silver - Originally a Florida car, with only a few minor (in GTV6 terms) rust spots - most notably at the base of the A-pillars, the bottom of the front wheel wells (behind the tire), the front clip, the hatchback's weather seal lip and the bottom rear of the hatchback. There is no rust at the top of the shock mounts, or any other structural rust that I know of. I began disassembling this car to fix the rust and prep it for track duty, but I never got much past the disassembly stage. The doors, trim, windshield, grill/lights and interior have been removed -- everything is labeled, and parts and fasteners are in marked bags and boxes (for the most part). The car has been stored inside since it's disassembly began.

- 1985 (late) GTV6 - This car is complete and has a fairly good black velour interior (cracked dash, of course, and some wear on the drivers seat), but it has terminal structural rust - strangely, the hood and hatchback have less rust than the '83 car, though. This was to be a parts car, but I wound up driving it for about a year before the starter went bad, which was about 3 or 4 years ago. It's been sitting every since - up on jackstands in my garage for most of the time. The car is currently mounted with Campy 15'' rims and practically new Dunlop D40-M2's.

- 1989 Milano Gold - white. This car has 95k miles and is in exceptional shape, except for the engine and it's broken/bent pushrods and valves in one of the heads. The car was brought to Grand Rapids, Michigan from Florida by an Alfa enthusiast. Shortly after moving here, the timing belt skipped and he decided to sell it so that he could concentrate on his four-cylinder Alfas, and his adorable and beautifully restored old Fiat, which I can't remember the model name, which looked like a comical '60s mini-mini-van. Back to the Milano... this car has absolutely no rust in those places where Milanos rust (trunk lid, wheel arches), and if you act now, you'll get a sweet motor to put into it (see below)... which reminds me, the old broken motor has been removed.

- Several V6 engines - Most notably, I have two 3.0 liter 164 motors (each with about 40k miles) complete with accessories, oil coolers, intake/exhaust manifolds, AFMs, wire harnesses and Motronic injection computers. I've started converting the first of these two engines for installation in the Milano - so far I've stripped the 164 accessories and installed the oil pump drive gears (required to drive the Milano distributor). This motor has Motronic 4.0 (I think that's the version) digital injection. The second of these two motors is a real prize -- it is a two-valve 3.0 with the same distributorless Motronic injection that was offered here in the States on the LS 4-cam motor. It also has oil squirters that cool the bottoms of the pistons (turbo upgrade, anyone?). This engine was originally in a car that was used by Alfa USA during initial emissions testing and federalization for this powerplant... then Alfa decided not to offer a two valve engine in 1994, so you won't find many (if any) engines with this exact configuration on this side of the pond. This engine is fully intact with accessories, intake/exhaust manifolds and a 5-speed transmission still attached. In addition to these two very nice 3.0's I have the broken 2.5 from the Milano, another complete 2.5, and a (complete?) disassembled 2.5... and several boxes of parts. The last two 2.5's and parts came along with the Milano when I bought it.

- New, never used parts - To complete the the 3.0 Milano conversion: V6 oil pump, water pump, timing belt, gaskets, seals, water pump hoses (those two little expensive custom molded ones), European 164 v-belt water pump pulley. Other parts: another timing belt, hydraulic detensioner rebuild kit, set of front-end suspension bushings, ball joints and castor link pads for GTV6, pair of rear brake discs, two GTV6 grill/hatchback badges, GTV6 upper and lower radiator hoses.

- Used parts (these are in addition to the parts that go with the above cars and motors): Milano Verde flywheel (with bolts) and European 3.0 164 v-belt crank pulley (both required to correctly balance the 3.0 for installation in a transaxle car), at least one (maybe two) pair of Milano Verde exhaust manifolds, Euro 164 downpipes, another European 164 v-belt water pump pulley, GTV6 gas tank, set of four Campy rims with snow tires (which, unlike the ones on the '85 GTV6, have some corrosion around the lug holes), Verde driveshaft, Verde shifter and linkage, pair of Ricambi Super Sport rear springs, pair of Koni adjustable shocks (can't remember if these were for the front or rear), 2.5 AFM, "V6 3.0" trunk badge from a Verde, pair of GTV6 tail lights (one broken)... and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember at the moment.

If you're interested in a trade, here are some things that I would consider for full or partial trade: a GTV6, Verde or pre-Alfetta GTV in exceptional condition, a Q4 (it doesn't hurt to ask...), an AWD Subaru or Audi in good shape, some other sporty or interesting RWD or AWD car in good shape, set of OEM Acura NSX 7-spoke rims, lifetime supply of Loctite 242, gold bars, a test drive of that yellow Elise that someone's been driving to the Lotus office in Ann Arbor, a test drive of the new Maseratti coupe that Automobile magazine had a few weeks ago (I don't think they still have it... damn)... or anything else you might have that's interesting. Also, I've listed all the Alfa stuff I own (that I can remember), but I may sell/trade only some of it... it just depends on what sorts of offers I get. I may, for instance, keep one of the 164 3.0's and sell the rest, or perhaps someone wants to just buy the one GTV6, or the complete 3.0 with transmission, or perhaps just the Milano along with the engine and parts needed to complete the engine swap... I might go for that. What I don't want to do is sell individual parts to dozens of different people... I just don't have the time, so please don't ask to buy the Verde flywheel (it took me MONTHS to track down a used one), or any other individual
part.

Thanks for reading this far,
-Brad Porter