Importing older cars (pre-1968) - advice?

I'm considering the purchase of an older Alfa from overseas (Britain) - it's a 1960/61 model, and so should be exempt from the EPA stuff.

Has anyone here on the Digest brought an older car into the US?  Any advice, suggestions, or words of wisdom?  How much, ballpark, did it cost?

Should I give it up, or is it not too difficult?

Thanks....

- Paul Witek
(CBA - Currently Between Alfas)