GTV 6 Engine Rebuild and rust

Hello All:

I have begun removing the accessories from my engine
so as to remove it from the car and rebuild it.  I
find this wonderfully satisfying--imagining how pretty
and clean I'll make the car before I'm done.

So, I've removed all the vacuum lines and gas lines.
I've numbered and labeled everything, taken lots of
photos, and I'm keeping a spiral notebook with any
notes or thoughts that come to mind.  I have learned
from working on other cars that I'm going to forget
everything, so I might as well write it down.

Also, I dared stick my hand beneath the driver's side
rocker panel.  I'm afraid there's rust from the back
of the front fender to the front of the back fender.
I'm preparing for that repair as well.  I've taking a
bodyshop class. I'm going to invest in a welder.  I
have sourced some body parts.

One thing at a time...It'll get done.  The engine
noise alone is worth it.

John, Alexandria, VA