RE: power mirrors/windows - '87 Spider

Dean,
I've got spare Veloce doors with power windows but the wiring cable
between door and jamb has been cut. I located the three wires for the
motor and applied 12 volts from a spare battery. The windows go up and
down as fast as the ones in my wife's Chevy Cavalier. Its likely
something may be gummed up in the mechanism in a 17 year old car.
Gil
1985 Spider
Port Orange, FL