power mirrors/windows - '87 Spider

Hi Group:

Here's another batch of my stupid questions, resulting from my relative inexperience with Series 3 Spider's. I just completed my worst-ever Alfa task; replacing the power window motor and cable in the right door of my '87 Spider Veloce. While in the door, I noticed that the side-view mirror has its own wiring harness, so I'm assuming it's power-operated. When I actuate the mirror switch in the console, the left mirror moves, while I hear a single click from the right mirror. The switch may have a defect, as regardless of which way I nudge the little joystick, the left mirror only moves in one direction. So, my 2-part question is:

1) Does it sound like the switch is defective, because of the way the left mirror moves?

2) How does one choose which mirror is controlled by the switch? My previous BMW's have had a secondary switch to select which mirror is moved by the main adjusting switch. The owner's manual holds no clues, and I haven't yet investigated the wiring diagrams in the factory manual, but generally I find those particularly annoying.

Regarding the power windows; Has anyone had a Series 3 Spider with power windows from new? Were the brand-new windows ever reasonably quick in their descent or climb? I've got a brand-new motor in my right window, a new cable, and all parts have been thoroughly cleaned and lubed. It still works like something you'd expect on a 10-year old Kia, and I can't imagine taking delivery of a new Spider with windows that worked so poorly. The left side window is about as slow, and has been that way since I bought the car last Fall, but I expected much more from the new motor on the right side(although the old one was seized, so I did see an improvement). I've also got a new motor for the left side, but I don't think I'll torture myself with that job again, if it makes no difference. Anyone have windows that work well?

Regards,

Dean
Lutz, FL
'74 & '87 Spider Veloce's