Re: rack & pinion for a GTV

Jorge, I think the problem will be "what do you mount it to?"

I can't say I've seen it done, and although not intimately familiar with 115
steering I assume the reasons would be the mounting and that the engine may
be in the way of a transverse steering rack.  I considered it for a
Giulietta but the engine position definitely makes it impossible.

If a rack will fit, allow some form of adjustment to dial out bump steer.
You will likely need to modify the rack for length to align the inner
balljoints with the chassis pivots of the "theoretical" 115 upper and lower
wishbones.

Beatle
Oz