Alfetta transaxle mitt V6

Kyle Chenier asks:,
Does anyone know if i even need to switch the transaxles?
How much power will the Alfettas actually handle? that would solve some of
the problems.  PLease keep the advice coming... The Milano's a steal, and if
i do proceed with this, i don't want to miss my chance.

Portland Alfa icon Denny Pillar built a 2.5 V6 engined Alfetta GT race car
about 6 years ago, leaving the Alfetta rear end in it.  It went fast, but the
class rules were written for pseudo Datsun 240Z's.  My boyhood buddy Dr. John
Lewis, now of Tucson, bought it from him.

The engine has blown 3 times for unfathomable reasons, but the transaxle has
never faltered.

From the Institute of Empirical Research,

Joe Cantrell, crash test dummy
Portland, Oregon